Science in Sport (SiS) will be the TRM partner for the nutrition and supplementation of trail running athletes in the international Ultra and Endurance trail running competitions and for the World Championships. SiS is a leading brand in the United Kingdom in the production of sports supplements for Elite athletes participating in the Olympics or World Championships in cycling, triathlon and running.
Goal: the best nutritional products for trail running
What are the best products to face a trail running race without gastrointestinal problems and prevent withdrawal from the toughest ultra trails?
This is the challenge taken by TRM to identify SiS’s best products for international trail running competitions.
The goal of SiS and TRM will be to select, within the full portfolio, the best products for trail running and to test the right mix of energy products and functional supplements to obtain maximum performance in the ultra trails.
Tests on nutrition and sports supplement products for the Ultra Trails
TRM and SiS have identified three main product lines on which the TRM Team athletes can rely on in training and competitions:
- SiS GO. The ideal product line for long workouts and competitions. It includes energy products (powders, isotonic gels and bars) and hydrating (tablets) products;
- SiS REGO. The products for muscle recovery and glycogen stores;
- PROTEIN. Includes products useful for the development and maintenance of muscle mass, thanks to a careful choice of the type and quality of proteins.
The advantages of energy gels in trail running competitions
Among all the products being tested, TRM particularly appreciated the SiS GO energy gels because, unlike other products on the market, they have some innovative and fundamental characteristics for outdoor endurance sports.
The gels, in fact, are ideal for those ultra and endurance trail running races, in which the long duration of the competitions causes gastrointestinal problems for 40% of trail runners.
SiS gels prevent these problems from arising for three reasons:
- they provide immediate energy in liquid form by increasing the rate of assimilation
- they are practical because they can be consumed even in the absence of water or other liquids
- they have a delicate taste that facilitates tolerance even of high and continuous use or, even, in cases of recovery from hyperglycemic crisis
The Anti-Doping certification
Even if in trail running the anti-doping controls are particularly light, apart from the top International Competitions and those under the aegis of the Federations, TRM has always fought doping by choosing products with proved certifications. For years, in fact, TRM has regularly checked its athletes of the TRM Team, so that the international protocols adopted by the best teams in the world, such as Salomon or many others, are respected.
SiS uses the doping-free quality label called Informed-Sport to mark its products alongside the ISO 9001 certification.
All SiS products are subjected to continuous and numerous tests, carried out along the entire production chain, to guarantee athletes to obtain maximum performance in compliance with the rules.
DISCOVER more about our 60+: NUTRITION PLANS